Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Need Some Angels

I recently lost a job that I really loved. I managed a Thrift store and quite frankly I was good at it. I made the company a lot of money. But, I was not a politician and asked too many questions. Like why this company made as much money as it did and yet paid it's employees just a little more then minimum wage? Why didn't it have better health care coverage for all employees? Why couldn't I give towel and blankets that were too stained to sell to the local animal shelter? Why did they have so many conflicting rules and why did some get fired for vioating them and others didn't? And I also had a hard time trying to figure out where the money went.

But they say that when God closes a door somewhere a window opens. I beleive that is true. I know how to run a successful Thrift store and so decided that I could take that talent and open my own store that would truely help the community. I could put over 20 people to work at a better rate of pay then my previous employer and I believe that I would treat my employees a lot better. I have a location picked out and a business plan developed BUT the site won't be available for long and trying to find funding in this ecomomy is almost impossible.

To get this business up and running and sustained for a coouple of months it will take about $150,000. As I thought tonight about the daunting task of trying to find an angel donor or capital investor I also thought of the fact that there are probably regular folks out there that could help. I got to thinking that maybe there might be 150,000 people who might be willing to loan me a dollar if I promised to pay back double what they gave. I would do that by paying back in the order that the loan was given. If I am not able to get the store then I would simply refund the amount loaned. This may sound silly to some but what have I got to lose. I know what I have to offer. A job for myself and 19 other, a store that would give back to the community in a way that isn't currently beinng done and I would post that information also. I don't have a lot of time to get this done I am afraid that the location may be gone if I can't raise the funds by the 1st of the year.

So if you are interested in being an angel donor there is a link where you can donate. I will post angels on this blog unless you do not want me too. Please pass this on to anyone that you think might be willing to help. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Tina and I personally know Cherilyn and use to work for her. Cherilyn is a honest, dependable, and hardworking person, very dedicate I must add. I miss you so much. This is a great idea I hope you get it going. God bless

    ReplyDelete